So you want to learn how to do a toe touch? It’s very important to learn the basics to entering a jump like it’s second nature. You’ll be using this every time you are in uniform and want to pump up the crowd, end a cheer, or even in the middle of a dance routine.
Basic Jump Entry
- Step 1: Start your jump entry with your feet together, your arms straight down on your side and your hands in fists.
- Step 2: Clap your hands and then put your arms into a high V position.
- Step 3: At the same time, bend your knees and cross your arms downward into an “X” position in front of your knees.
- Step 4: As you are continuing to swing your arm motion back out and up into a “T” or a “V” (depending on the final position you are executing), jump!
- Step 5: Upon landing from your jump, bend your knees slightly to absorb any shock and put your arms straight and down by your side with your hands in fists, much like step one.
- Step 6: Straighten your knees and clap for the finishing touch.
*While executing these each of these steps, make sure they are down quickly and consecutively of each other. It is supposed to look like one continual motion.