Your team looks incredible in their new uniforms and you can’t wait to share their photos with everyone! Here are some tips from our catalog staff on how to take the perfect cheer team photo.
And when you do capture that perfect shot, submit it to our Catalog Team Photo Contest for a chance to be featured in the next Omni Cheer catalog and win $100. Start snapping!
Take Perfect Cheer Photos
- Use a newer iPhone, camera or other device to get those high quality/high resolution photos. The higher the resolution, the crisper the photo, especially if you plan on printing your pics.
- Avoid cropping. Make sure the whole team and the uniforms are within the frame before you capture the image.
- No blurry images. Make sure the image is as sharp as possible by keeping the camera still. If you have a tripod put it to use. If not, take a peek at your shot to make sure it is crisp, and re-shoot if necessary.
- Clean the camera lens. This one seems like a no-brainer. But those lenses can get dirty and dusty, especially on your phone. Take a minute to clean it off before your shoot.
- Find a brightly lit area. Natural light is best. Don’t use a flash and make sure the light source is shining on your face and NOT from behind you. If the light source is behind you, faces will appear dark.
- Avoid the zooming feature. Instead of zooming in, move closer to the people in the photo.
- Be as natural as possible. A nice natural smile is perfect. Try to avoid pouty, kissy or overly animated cheer expressions.