Let’s make some DIY hair scrunchies! If you’re looking for a fun and totally cool activity to do at home, look no further. Who doesn’t love a hair accessory? Correction. What cheerleader doesn’t love a fun hair accessory? After all, we are the queens of bows!
The scrunchie is the comeback hair accessory that has become every cheerleader’s new BFF. With our hair always needing to be out of our face, scrunchies have quickly become a new favorite. But in true cheerleader form, we want a scrunchie to match our uniforms, spirit days, and let’s be honest every day.
Well, you’re in luck because we’re going to show you how to make your own scrunchies, which means you can make them to match every look, give as a gift, or use as a fundraiser!
Here’s what you need:
- Fabric Scissors
- ¼ Elastic
- Cut your fabric into a 3 1/2 by 22 inch strip.
- Fold fabric inside out lengthwise and pin it along the center.
- Sew a straight line across the open edges and remove the pins once you’re done.
- Attach a safety pin to one end and use it to weave through the center to pull the fabric inside out. The fabric should now be right facing.
- Cut a piece of nine-inch elastic and attach a safety pin to one end.
- Thread the elastic through the center of the fabric.
- Remove the safety pin and tie the elastic from each end together in a knot.
- Fold the edges of the fabric under and push the elastic knot into the fabric tube. Sew the two together.
- You did it. Now rock that scrunchie!