Looking for the perfect way to bond with new cheer team members this season? How about getting together and making this DIY Cheer Cooler that’s packed with team spirit! I mean come on, what an adorable place to keep your drinks during practice, games, or for everyday use. You already have matching cheer uniforms, warmups, and hair bows. Why not add a team cooler to the mix?
DIY coolers are super fun to create, and the best part is that they are super easy. Actually, the best part is that you can make them as custom as you want, which is just perfect for showing off your team colors and spirit. Make small individual coolers or one big one for the whole team. We’ve added a list of things you’ll need to make your cooler chip-proof, weatherproof, and super cute!
Things you’ll need:
- A cooler, small for individual use, or large for team use.
- Paint pens
- Mod Podge
- Polyurethane Sealer
- Paint brushes
- Painter’s tape
Let’s Get Painting
- To start, make sure your cooler is as smooth as possible. Take the spackle and go over any indent from logos. Let the spackle dry completely and then take your sandpaper and smooth over the entire cooler. This part is not super exciting. Honestly, it’s work, but it will make a huge difference when painting.
- Once step one is complete, it’s time to spray it entirely with a coat of primer. Try looking for a primer that is white-colored as it will make for an easy painting base. Make sure whatever primer spray you use, its plastic friendly. Spray it down a few times … because we love strong bases in cheerleading!
- Let’s get creative! Paint pens, paint, glitter, the world is your oyster when it comes to creating your cooler design. You can use stencils for a refined look or go freehand and make it fabulous.
- The most crucial step to make your hard work last is to coat your entire cooler in Mod Podge and once that dries spray it a few times with sealant spray.
- Let your new cooler dry for a full day before filling it and sporting it at your next event.
Lastly, be sure to take a photo of you brand new and totally cool DIY team cooler and share it here or tag us on Instagram @omnicheer to inspire others.