As a cheer coach, you wear a lot of different hats
. You have to be a teacher, a friend, an authority figure, a chaperone, a choreographer, a fundraiser, and a safety enforcer, just to name a few. Sometimes you're all of these things in the span of one practice. But without you, there would be no cheerleaders
! You have the important job of creating great routines and being a positive influence in the lives of your squad members.
It takes a special person to fill the role of cheerleading coach. If you are one of those special people
, here are 15 things you can relate to:
What does being a cheer coach mean to you?
- You have high expectations... (Source: giphy.com)
- ...and you push your team to meet them.
- You work a lot. More than people think you do. More than you thought you would.
- But that's fine because you have your dream job.
- Maybe not your dream salary though.
- You wish you could just do it for them sometimes. Yes, it's your job to teach your team how to do things, but that's not what you told them to do!
- You miss being out there...
- ...but sometimes it's nice to be on your side of the clipboard.
- You like to think of yourself as their cool older sister...
- ...but if you're honest with yourself, you're more like their mom.
- You're definitely a cool mom though. Definitely. Don't even worry.
- You get more nervous watching than you ever did cheering.
- You are very protective of your team.
- You've got your buttons, and everyone knows not to push them. Maybe you don't tolerate lateness. Maybe you hate when your cheerleaders wear green. Whatever it is, they know to steer clear of it.
- When it comes to motivational speeches, sometimes you surprise even yourself with how wise you are.