September started with the beginning of school
and ended with the beginning of fall, so grab a pumpkin spice latte and catch up on what you might have missed on the blog this month:
- Someone went to cheer tryouts just to see how hard it really was. Turns out, it's pretty difficult. Who knew? You have to hear what he said about the experience.
- We talked to one of the cheerleaders in Taylor Swift's amazing "Shake It Off" music video. Yes, we asked him what she's really like.
- It's sideline season! We've got you covered with tips for cheering at football and basketball games, pep rallies, and homecoming. After reading these quick lists (with funny gifs!), you'll be all set for the season.
- Now that you know the basics, top it off with dos and don'ts for football cheering and three ways to keep school spirit up all year long!
- Next month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, when teams wear pink to raise awareness for the cause. We explained what that pink ribbon means and how it all started.
- Supporting a worthy cause is just one way you can make a difference in the world. This month, we talked about ways you can make a difference at a game or competition, in the community, and for your teammates. Coaches and captains, we didn't forget about you! We thought of some great ways you can make a difference for your squad.
- Speaking of coaches, what type of cheer coach do you have? Check this cheer infograph to find out!
- Yes, September means school and fall, but it also means our favorite and soon-to-be-favorite shows are starting new seasons! Here's the ones we will be watching.
- It's sideline season now, but that means you're starting to plan your competition season. We showed you our favorite uniforms for competition.