When it comes to fundraising
, it's crucial that you make it FUN! There are so many different ways you can fundraise and making items to sell is just one method. Here are our five favorite ideas for DIY fundraising projects:
Have you tried any of these methods? Has your team ever made something to sell for a fundraiser?
- "Cheer"grams. Also known as candygrams, cheergrams are fun for everyone. For your school's next big event or holiday, talk to your school administration about selling cheergrams. For example, for back-to-school, you could sell personalized pencils or other school supplies. Or, for Halloween, you could sell decorated mini pumpkins. Then, when you deliver the cheergram, perform a short cheer for the person receiving the cheergram!
- Create a coupon book. This will require help from local businesses but, if done right, it's a great way to raise money. Chat with local businesses and ask to partner with them and create a special offer, like a free bag of popcorn with the purchase of a movie ticket. Compile a bunch of offers together in a booklet and sell them at your next school event.
- Make spirited blankets. With old cheer uniforms or fabrics in your school colors, create small blankets or quilts to sell at evening football games. When people in the stands get chilly, they'll be more than happy to stay warm and promote school spirit!
- Make something to sell at the local Farmer's Market. Get creative and make something like picture frames, mini pom poms, pillowcases, jewelry, or something simple and set up a booth at a Farmer's Market. Not only will you raise money, but it's also a great way to interact with your community.
- Sell baked goods. There's nothing better than a homemade brownie. Baked goods are always a hit and, as cheerleaders, you have the opportunity to make them extra spirited! Form your treats into the shape of megaphones or other cheer shapes. Wrap them in colored plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon for a cute presentation!