March is one of the most exciting months of the year for cheerleaders for two big reasons: Tryouts are coming up, and new cheer gear is being released! This month on the blog we talked a lot about both. Here are some of the top articles:
What cheer topics were you and your friends talking about this month?
- Cheerleading tryouts are your opportunity to show off what you've been working so hard on, but if you're trying out for a new team, tryouts can be nerve-wracking, too! If you've ever tried out for a new cheer squad, you know that there is no one word to describe what it's like. You go back and forth over a whole range of emotions in that single day. Even though you know you should just go in calm and confident, you can't help feeling a little (or a lot) nervous at times. These are the eight emotions you experience at cheer tryouts.
- With tryouts happening soon, a lot of you are about to become cheerleaders for the first time. This is an exciting moment in your life, and nothing will be the same from here on out because once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader! Being a cheerleader comes with a lot of responsibilities, but you will learn the ropes and feel like a veteran cheerleader before you know it. Here are 11 things you learn once you become a cheerleader.
- St. Patrick's Day was this month, which had us thinking of the rituals and traditions cheerleaders perform before games and competitions for good luck. Whether you think it actually brings you luck or not, having rituals you do before a performance can help calm your nerves, get you pumped up, give you confidence, or bond your team before you go hit your routine. We asked some of your favorite cheerleaders from Cheer Channel's Superstars of All-Stars what they do before games or competitions.
- Every cheerleader loves accessories - from bags to bows and ribbons! We have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new cheer gear for 2015, so we were so excited when cheerleading apparel company Chassé® released its spring products earlier this month. So excited, in fact, that we have to share our favorite finds with you!
- Cheer shoes are one of the most important pieces of cheer gear when it comes to ensuring you have a safe and successful season. They keep your feet protected and are designed to optimize your performance, but they're also one of the most commonly misunderstood and misused cheer items. Make sure you have the facts straight by looking at the top seven cheer shoe myths.
- Cheerleading changes fast. You've undoubtedly noticed this. Every year, something new is allowed or made illegal, and it sparks creativity everywhere. The good news is that you can start to see patterns and use them to stay on the cutting edge and to stand out from the crowd. So here are the top five stunt trends that I've seen so far in 2015.