June is one of the most eventful months of the whole year. You are finishing school, starting your summer break, and getting ready for cheer camp. We covered all you need for a great summer and successful cheer camp on the blog this month, as well as common misconceptions about cheerleading and how cheerleaders can respond to them. Here are some of our favorite articles to catch you up:
What cheer topics were on your mind this month?
- Just like with cheerleading tryouts and competitions, cheer camp can elicit a lot of emotions. You know you will have a great time, but the excitement, uncertainty, anticipation, and packing stress can take a toll on you! But, don’t worry: You are not alone. Every cheerleader goes through the same thing before cheer camp. That’s how we know that if you have cheer camp coming up soon, this is what you are experiencing.
- As exciting as cheer camp is, you have to come prepared in order to have the best experience possible! One of the most important ways to be prepared is to make sure you pack all the essentials. Consult this list when packing so you don’t forget anything important.
- Cheerleaders are always busy, but summer means you have at least some extra time on your hands. When you don’t have school and cheer every day, you probably don’t know what to do with yourself. Here are five summer must-dos for cheerleaders to help you out.
- When it comes to summer break, we all have big plans, but reality doesn’t always match up with our imaginations. Here are a few examples of how we imagine our glorious summer breaks will be versus how they actually turn out.
- It’s no secret that cheerleaders often don’t get the respect they deserve. Thirty one percent of cheerleaders say only some of their friends and family support their sport. Cheerleaders are athletes who have a lot of respect for other athletes. We do cheer you on at your games, after all! When cheerleaders fight for respect for their sport, they aren’t saying they’re better than other athletes—they just want you to understand that they’re athletes, too! So, here are a few of the top reasons cheerleaders deserve respect.