We love sideline season. The excited fans, the bright lights, the big games"”it's all great! Over the past few weeks, we have gone over cheerleaders' sideline roles at various school and athletic events. Here's what you need to know:
What's your favorite part of sideline season?
- We are in the midst of football season! To fulfill your sideline role at football games, you have to know the game and be able to support and encourage the players. We have four tips to help you do just that.
- Now that you know the four most important things about cheering at football games, learn the four things to know about pep rallies. Pep rallies exist to get the whole school rallied up for a big game, and it's the cheerleaders' job to make that happen. That may seem like a lot of pressure, but with a little bit of brainstorming and preparation, you will meet and succeed expectations.
- Are you ready for basketball season? It's fast approaching, and whether you are new to cheering for basketball or just need a refresher, these five tips will help you rule that gym.
- Homecoming is the spirit event of the year! As the school's ultimate spirit leaders, it's up to you to get everyone pumped up and cheering on the home team. We have five things for you to keep in mind (plus a Beyoncé gif) to make the most of your role as cheerleaders at Homecoming.
- You want to keep spirit up all year long, but that can be hard with traditional cheerleading roles. So we came up with three ideas to get you cheering outside the box and keep school spirit skyrocketing.