Being a part of a cheer squad is an experience like no other. You gain lifelong friends who become your second family, you develop great character qualities
, and you have a blast doing it. But it's no secret that cheerleading can be expensive. That's why we are so excited about this initiative from cheer apparel brand Chassé®
In an effort to eliminate financial roadblocks that could keep people from participating in cheer, Chassé has partnered with cheer retailer Omni Cheer®
to provide grants to youth cheer squads through the 2015 Chassé Youth Leaders Fund. The grants will help cover the costs of uniforms, apparel, accessories, and shoes.
If you're thinking about applying for a grant, here are some things to know:
- You must be a youth cheerleading organization with a U.S. mailing address.
- Eligible organizations include church and recreational groups, school squads, and community youth football and cheerleading leagues.
- Team members should be between the ages of 5 and 15 years old.
- Grants are available throughout 2015 until the fund of $1 million has been exhausted.
- The grant can be used on Chassé products purchased from Omni Cheer.
One thing we especially love about the way Chassé is offering these grants is that they are letting teams make up to three different orders. Sometimes you don't know all the gear you will need right away or you aren't quite ready to order everything at once. So it is really convenient that if your application is approved, you will receive a discount on one order within each of these three time frames:
- Orders placed between April 15, 2015 and May 31, 2015: 20% off one order
- Orders placed between June 1, 2015 and July 18, 2015: 15% off one order
- Orders placed between July 18, 2015 and December 31, 2015: 10% off one order
You can learn more about the Chassé Youth Leaders Fund and apply for a grant on their website