We're huge fans of "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader,"
brought to you by Cheer Channel. The first two seasons had us following the lives of cheerleaders and their squads as they focused on practice
and competitions amidst drama, love triangles, misunderstandings, and secrets. After watching both seasons of this hit web-series, we've compiled some of the best life lessons we've learned so far.
- Always be truthful. It's more tiring, and much more complicated, to keep up a lie than it is to simply tell the truth. The more convoluted a lie gets the more you need to remember what you told every single person involved, and if your lie involves any sort of back story, you have to make sure your facts stay the same for that, too! It's a much better idea to just be honest from the get-go.
- Your team is your family. No matter how tough times get, you can always rely on your squad! Remember that your coach and your teammates will support you no matter what is going on in your life.
- Secrets are bound to get out! Whether you're posting on an online forum, like CheerBoard, or keeping details in your diary, your secret will eventually be discovered! Be prepared to explain your actions, and if necessary, face the consequences.
- It's not always about winning. It's important to work hard and try your best, but every once in a while you won't be #1 and that's okay. Your definition of success should be working together as a team and working hard every day to accomplish your goals!
- Stylish cheerleaders need stylish warm-ups and accessories! In season 1, some of the cheerleaders made use of a large Chassé® bag to hold all of their necessary items. In season 2, the members of the Texas Twisters All Stars rocked a purple and white Chassé® warm-up that is not only totally wearable for both practice and competition, but it's cute too!
- Family is important. In season 1, Emma often needs to keep an eye on her younger brother, Sam. A couple of times she needed to bring him to practice or skip socializing in order to babysit. It's important to remember to set priorities; school, practice, and family obligations need to come before shopping or hanging out.
- Take time to unplug. In season 2, the girls of the "Texas Twisters" get wrapped up in online cheer-drama! It's very easy to get distracted by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or online forums. Remember to take a moment to disconnect from your phone, computer, or other device and spend one-on-one time with your friends. Communicating face-to-face can dispel -- or even prevent! -- any online drama or rumors.
- Stay focused! When secrets, lies, or drama interfere with a team's daily activities, the important things like succeeding in practice, nailing stunts, or winning a competition often take a back seat. Remember to keep focused on your personal, as well as your team, goals so that you can always be your very best.
We can't wait to see what great life lessons the next season will bring! Stay tuned for season 3 of "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader," coming soon on Cheer Channel! To watch all the seasons, visit its YouTube channel or visit Cheer Channel's website
Do you watch "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader?" What has been your favorite episode so far?