The holidays are here, but winter vacation isn’t which means that throughout the next few weeks before finals, you and all your classmates may have complete ‘winter-itis’. As cheerleaders, it’s your job to keep the school morale up long enough for everyone to ace finals week and slide right into family holiday festivities. Spreading holiday cheer is easy and can be done anywhere at any time, so here are five fun ways to spread cheer in your school:
1. Pump up the spirit. Whether it be holiday spirit or not, cheerleaders have the capacity to get any down-and-out crowd riled up! If you spy a classmate who is stressed over final exams or having a hard time with the holiday season, lend a listening ear, a helping hand, or an energetic hug to liven them up and lessen their anxiety.
2. Gimme an A! If you know that you’re getting a top-notch grade in one of your classes, reach out to tutor your fellow classmates who may be struggling. If you have time, you can start a study group after school for those who think an ‘A’ is impossible. In this way, you not only spread your smarts, but also your enthusiasm for the subject.
3. Organize a school secret santa. You might not have the ability to get the entire school onboard, but a gift exchange between friends, teammates, or football players can be a great way to give back to your peers. Plus, you may even score some sweet cheer gear!
4. Go homeroom caroling. With permission from the proper school administrators, get your cheer team together one morning to go homeroom caroling around campus! Just like in the movie Elf, “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!”
5. Hold a holiday bake sale. Everyone loves Christmas cookies and other holiday treats! A yummy bake sale at break or lunch will not only get your classmates in a cheery mood, but also be a sweet way to fundraise for your team.
In what other ways do you spread cheer throughout your school? Remember, spreading cheer is not just a holiday occasion, but also an all-year activity.