There are so many reasons to love being a cheer parent! Being the parent of a cheerleader is not cheap, and hopefully you don't have anything of your own scheduled because you probably won't have time most of the year, but it's totally worth it. We've named the four best things about being a cheer parent, and the top reason we love cheer parents. Check out our list below and leave your own things to love about cheer parents or about being a cheer parent in the comments:
Cheer parents, what do you love most about being the parents of cheerleaders? And cheerleaders and coaches, what do you love most about cheer parents?
- Every parent thinks this, but your child actually is cuter and more talented than every other kid on the planet.
- OK, so on the one hand you have glitter all over your car. But on the other, you have glitter all over your car!
- You get the best entertainment. It's not free, or even cheap—but it's the best show in town, and you get great seats!
- You are really the team MVP. You control and fix things. Glitter emergency? Stain on your uniform? Out of hair spray? Emotional meltdown? You're on it. And you can call in other cheer parents for backpack. You might not be out there on the mat or field—but you carry that team!
- This last one is our favorite thing about cheer parents: They love you! Let them! Maybe even love them back now and then—in public!