You probably spend a lot of time picking out the perfect cheerleading uniforms for your squad. Uniforms are the most important part of your ensemble, after all! Once you've chosen your perfect uniform, make sure you’ve considered these five things before placing your order:
- Sizes. Make sure you have all the sizes you need! Double and triple check with your team to ensure there were no typos or other errors made on your sizes list. Also, be sure to check the sizing charts of the brand or company you are ordering from as sizes can vary from brand to brand. Request a fit kit to ensure you have the best-fitting uniforms for your team and avoid the hassle of returns and exchanges. Many companies offer free uniform fit kits so you can see what will work best for your team.
- Return policies. Make sure you are familiar with the company’s return policy before placing your order. Many companies will refund or exchange defective items within 30 days of receiving the order if you keep your receipt. It’s also a good idea to check your order as soon as it arrives to make sure you received everything you ordered. This will give you as much time as possible to get any mistakes corrected so you have all your cheer gear in time for your first cheer event. Also note that companies don’t usually allow returns or exchanges on customized items unless they are defective. So double check your order before finalizing it!
- Extras. Not being uniform-ready by your first cheer event is every coach’s nightmare. You order early to avoid this, but issues still arise when one of your cheerleaders wrote down the wrong size, you meant to order six mediums but only ordered five, or you get a late addition to your squad. By the time you realize you need another uniform, the uniform could be out of stock or unable to get to you in time for your first event. Avoid this headache by ordering an extra uniform in each size.
- Shipping times. When do you need your cheer gear by? How long will your order take to arrive? These are two dates you need to know before you order. There is no point in spending the money on something if you won’t get it in time to get full use out of it. So look at the dates and then be sure to order your items as soon as you can. Cutting it too close will leave you less time to deal with any problems in your order.
- Shipping fees. Many companies offer free shipping over a certain amount. Ask about any special offers on shipping for large orders, and then be sure to pay attention to your order total! If your order is just under the free shipping amount, adding another item to your order could actually be cheaper than ordering fewer items and having to pay shipping fees. Pay attention though: Sometimes a company has a different free shipping requirement for phone orders and online orders. When in doubt, just ask! The extra time is worth the savings.
Are you a uniform-ordering pro? What are your tips for a seamless experience?